Smothered Turkey Thighs
- Turkey Thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ med onion – sliced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper – diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme – minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary – minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons AP flour
- Cajun or all purpose seasoning.
- Salt / Pepper
- 24 hours prior to cooking. Place thighs on a rack and sheet tray. Season both sides with salt. Let it set out in the fridge overnight.
Day of cooking:
- Preheat over to 375f
- Rub olive oil on the turkey thighs.
- Season thighs with cajun or all purpose seasoning.
- Roast in oven for an hour to an hour and half.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- On the stove, using med-high heat, using an oven safe deep pan. Add butter and olive oil.
- Add onions and peppers. Saute until soft and translucent.
- Add Salt / Pepper to taste.
- Add thyme and rosemary.
- Cook mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all grease is absorbed.
- Cook for another 1-2 min, just to cook out the raw flour taste.
- Pour in stock 1 cup at a time, whisking constantly.
- Optionally, add ½ cup of the turkey drippings.
- Once completely thickened, add your thighs into the gravy.
- Place pan with the thighs and gravy back into the oven for 30 min.
- Spoon gravy over the thighs, let cool for a minute or two and enjoy.