Skillet Pound Cake
This is a great dessert for any occasion. Add some ice cream, maybe some fresh fruit, and you got a
The measurements below are meant for a large 12” skillet. If you have a smaller skillet, you will have extra mix. You can reduce the ingredients or pour the extra mix into cup cake molds or smaller dishes.
- ½ pound margarine, melted.
- 6 eggs.
- 3 cups sugar.
- 3 cups cake flour or 3 cups minus 6 tablespoons for all-purpose flour.
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda.
- 1 cup sour cream.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- 2 teaspoons almond extract.
- In a large bowl mix the melted margarine and sugar.
- Then beat in eggs 1 at a time, mix them up well.
- Add baking soda and extracts.
- Mix in flour and sour cream.
- Preheat oven to 325f.
- Pour mix into a greased and floured pan.
- Place in over and bake for 1 and ½ hours.
- Remove cake from the oven, let cool.
- Slice up, add some ice cream, fruit, and enjoy!