Ninja Speedi Teriyaki Chicken and Fried Rice
This is a perfect weeknight budget meal for the family! Teriyaki chicken and fried rice all done in about 20 minutes. The flavors on this one are out of this world!
- 4 chicken thighs. Bone in and skin on.
- 1 cup rice rinsed.
- 1 cup frozen vegetables.
- 1 and ½ cup water.
- ¼ cup soy sauce.
- 1 egg.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil.
- 1 tablespoon salt.
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce.
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce.
- 1 teaspoon sriracha.
- 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1 teaspoon sliced green onion.
- 24 hours prior to cooking. Sprinkle Kosher salt all over the thighs and let set uncovered in the refrigerator. (This is the “Dry Brine” process)
- In the Speedi pot, pour in the rice, veggies, and water.
- Place the top rack in the Speedi pot and add the chick to it.
- Close the lid, turn on the speedi to the rapid cooker setting. And choose Speedi Meals.
- Cook at 390F for 15 min.
- In a pot on the stove, add the Teriyaki sauce, hoisin, sriracha, garlic powder and black pepper. Stir and combine over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until thickened up.
- After the chicken has cooked for 5 to 7 minutes, open the Speedi and brush the chicken with the teriyaki sauce.
Close the lid and continue to cook another 5 minutes or so, until the internal temp of the chicken hits 170-175 internal.
- Remove the chicken and rack from the Speedi.
- Turn the Speedi to the sear/sauté mode on HI.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha and egg to the rice and veggies in the pan.
- Stir over high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove fried rice from pot, serve with the chicken and enjoy!