Loco Moco Recipe
This recipe is perfect for all those looking for a budget friendly, yet very tasty meal! Loco Moco is a staple in Hawaii and a must get every time I’m there. The recipe is based off of 4 servings and is less than $4.00 per serving.
- 1 pound ground beef – formed into 4 hamburger patties.
- 4 eggs.
- 2 cups white rice cooked.
- ½ medium onion sliced thin.
- 2 cups beef stock.
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- ½ tablespoon all-purpose flour.
- Fry hamburgers in a cast iron pan all the way through. Remove and let rest.
- In the same cast iron pan, add the onions, sauté until softened.
- Mix in the flour to coat onions, cook for 2-3 minutes until the raw flour is cooked.
- Whisk in the beef stock, cook for another 20 minutes until the stock thickens and reduces.
- Fry the eggs in olive oil on a non-stick pan. I like sunny side up, but you cook to the doneness you prefer.
- On a plate, add a ¼ of the cooked rice. Place one burger patty on the rice. Spoon the gravy over the patty and top the whole thing with an egg.
- Garnish and enjoy!