Birria De Res Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot Recipe
Birria is such a great way to prepare your tough cuts of beef. The slow braised beef is perfect to make awesome Quesa Tacos! Use that braising liquid as a consommé to dip your tacos and you will enjoy a magical meal!
- Chuck Roast-Short ribs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 2 heads of garlic
- 5 dried guajillo chilis
- 5 dried ancho chilis
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups beef broth.
- Roast onions, tomatoes, and garlic in the oven at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Using the sear/sauté function, sear off beef until browned on all sides.
- Steep the de-seeded chilies in boiling beef broth until softened.
- In a blender, add the onions, tomatoes, garlic, chilies, and broth. Blend until smooth.
- Cover the beef in the Foodi/Instant Pot with the blended mix.
- Add pepper, cumin, salt, oregano, cinnamon, chipotle chili flakes and bay leaf to the Foodi/Instant Pot.
- Seal the cooker. Pressure cook on high for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Natural release the pressure.
- Shred the meat and keep the cooking broth.
- Enjoy in tacos, burritos, etc…