This is the ultimate air fried shrimp recipe! It will be the crispiest fried shrimp you’ve ever made before. The combination of a wet beer batter and crunch panko bread crumbs, gives these shrimp a crunch you cannot resist.
- 1-pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour.
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs.
- 3 tablespoons seasoning salt.
- 1 cup light beer.
- Spray avocado oil.
- Combine ½ cup of flour in a bowl with the cup of beer and 1 tablespoon seasoning salt. Mix until you have a pancake batter like consistency.
- Put ½ cup of flour in a tray or plate and add 1 tablespoon seasoning salt.
- Add cup of panko breadcrumbs in a tray or plate and add 1 tablespoon seasoning salt.
- Dredge the shrimp in the other ½ half cup of flour, shake off excess flour.
- Dip flour covered shrimp into the beer batter, coat completely, then shake off excess batter.
- Dip the batter covered shrimp into the panko breadcrumbs and coat the shrimp completely with the panko crumbs.
- Place all coated shrimp on a wire rack and spray with avocado oil.
- Head your air fryer to 400f.
- Place all the shrimp into your air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes. Check on the shrimp. Repeat for another 5 minutes. Determine if you need more cooking time to get the shrimp more golden brown or not. Usually takes 13 or so minutes to get to where I like the color.
- Remove from basket and enjoy.