Air Fried Tortilla Chips and Queso Cheese Sauce
You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make fresh and more healthy tortilla chips in your air fryer. Using a fraction of the oil of normal tortilla chips, but still getting that awesome flavor and crunch! Add my queso sauce over the top of the chips and you’re in for a real treat!
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch), cut into wedges.
- Light-colored spray oil (avocado works well).
- Salt and pepper or seasoning, to taste.
- 1 – 16 oz small block of Velveeta cheese.
- 1 cup cooked sausage.
- 1 cup milk.
- 1 – 10oz can Rotel.
- 1 – 4oz can of fire roasted chilies.
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning or spicy all-purpose seasoning.
- Melt the Velveeta in a small pot with the milk.
- Stir in the sausage, Rotel, chilies and seasoning.
- Mix until combined, melty, and smooth.
- Keep on low heat until ready to pour over the chips.
- Preheat air fryer to 360 F.
- Spray oil on to tortilla wedges.
- Season with salt, pepper, or seasoning of your choice.
- Put all the wedges in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 5 minutes. Then shake the air fryer basket to mix the chips up.
- Then cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour over queso sauce and enjoy!